Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Bandai, Asakusa -December 8, 2011

Made it!!
I'm Back in Tokyo after 10 hour flight, I discovered I caught a stomach bug-just as we touch down the puke just violently exploded out of me! And they don't provide air sick bags any more!? ..they will never clean that all up-seriously, it's in the window frame, everywhere!
Stoic and silent my seat mates are trying to make as much distance as possible between us while still tethered to our seats, yet still, upon leaving, wish me a pleasant trip!

Made it back to cool neighbourhood of Kurumae. Surprised hotels are full. Lucky to find I'm near K's House Hostel-mostly Australians, clean modern place, cheap.

Walking, I happen upon Bandai Toy Company HQ! Makers of Gundam, Anpanman and many more-with a modest museum of old and new-a funky find.

I also find a tiny shop stacked with the best natural dye supplies EVER!
including this shibori kit and walls of herbs and dyes and supplies.

A street with famous Nihonjin stars, of whom all are unknown.

Taiko drums in the street-of course I must try!

Asakusa! 1200 year old temple(s) and home to Buddha's bones and my mothers!

horsing around with Australians

Finally a quiet dinner near the hostel at a cool little, little izakaya place run by a little lady who is, I'm told like a mother to all. she studies dance with her friend seated.









































No comments:

Post a Comment